Banana bread has always been a staple in our home, and my mom always has a fresh batch coming out of the oven when we come to visit. Here’s one of my favorite recipes. Hope you enjoy!
Whole Wheat Cranberry Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Craisins
- Mix dry ingredients together, then add vanilla, egg and oil.
- In a separate bowl, add peeled bananas and smash with a fork until smooth. It’s ok to leave a few small lumps.
- For bread, bake in a loaf pan for one hour and 15 minutes at 325.
- For muffins, bake in muffin tin for 15 minutes at 375.
This banana bread recipe makes 1 large loaf pan, two small loaf pans, or one dozen muffins.
* Try raisins in place of the dried cranberries for another tasty twist!
* Once bananas start turning brown, stash them in the freezer so you have them handy when you’re ready to bake. Frozen bananas are the easiest to work with when baking, and they thaw quickly.
Need more baking ideas? Check out the recipes for these other tasty treats: