Texas Farmers Daughter has been nominated for a Liebster Award—a really fun opportunity to meet and network with other bloggers. I was nominated by Michelle from Birds Fly South in May 2013, and again just recently by Brittany from Confessions of a Secret Crafter!
This intention of this award is to recognizes new up-and-coming bloggers and spread the word about all the small, but brilliant, blogs that often fly under the radar. This award gets passed around by the nominated bloggers, who in turn nominate other bloggers and sites. Love it!
Here’s how it works (easy as pie!):
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for the blogs you nominated.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs that has 200 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Be sure to leave them a comment on their blog to let them know they have been chosen!
4. Copy and paste the blog award on to your blog. It is an award (after-all) so show it off!
I went a little further to do some digging to find out who the “judges” are for this Liebster Award and what really comes of it, aside from complimenting bloggers who’s content and contributions we admire, and getting to know everyone a little bit better. Turns out, it’s just that! Just a friendly pat on the back from one blogger to the next, in effort to get readers to one another’s site who may not have otherwise have ever made it there. So simply accept the award, thank your nominator, and pass it along – easy breezy!
Michelle from BIRDS FLY SOUTH provided these fun questions:
1. Where do you find most of your clothes?
Francesca’s, Anthropologie and J.Crew
2. If money and time weren’t an issue, where would you travel?
All across Europe – I’ve never been! I’d love to make my way across Ireland, Italy, Germany, Greece and beyond.
3. What makes you laugh?
My girlfriends, my dogs, and Brett when he’s not even trying
4. Who do you admire?
I admire people who can block out the negativity around them and do it gracefully. That was one of my New Year’s resolutions… I admire the way that people choose to separate themselves from negative people, emotions, situations, and do it without drama and bringing attention to themselves.
5. If you could trade lives with one person for a day, who would it be and why?
I’ll preface this by saying that I know that this is a ridiculous answer, but it’s an honest one. I’d trade lives with one of my dogs for a day to find out how much they really understand.
6. What’s your dream job?
I always wanted to be a travel reported for National Geographic – I even wrote to the editor a few times throughout college to send her samples of my work and ask her advice.
7. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
A day of total and complete unproductiveness… It rarely happens, and I can hardly sit still when I even try, but I love the idea of having no reason whatsoever to shower or get out of my jammies for a day.
8. What was something embarrassing that happened to you in high school?
I ran track in high school and filled in on a relay that I didn’t practice for… I fell on a hurdle (like, spilled all over the place, not just a little trip), got up with my bloody knees to try and clear it again, and fell into a heap AGAIN.
9. Where did your family go on vacation when you were younger?
We traveled quite a bit as a family, but the most adventurous and memorable was Alaska!
10. Are you living in an apartment, house, condo? What are the pros and cons of the area you live in?
I live in a house, which I absolutely love since I can paint the walls a different color whenever I feel like it and test out all sorts of Pinterest-inspired DIYs without having to answer to anyone. The downside, is that I have to pay for that paint, and that hole in the wall that I may or may not make with my experimental DIY.
11. What are three things you can’t live without?
My man (obviously), my dogs, sunshine, a selection of beverages within reach at any given time,. Yes, I know that’s four.
And a few more from Brittany, blogger behind CONFESSIOS OF A SECRET CRAFTER:
1. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I enjoy that blogging is on my time – my topics, my ideas, my outlets. I also love reading what other have to say and find out where they draw their inspirations.
2. What has been your all-time favorite project/post?
Sharing photos from our wedding in Our Big Beautiful Texas Wedding was one of my faves, since it was a day we’d been excited about for so long!
3. What is your favorite blog to read?
There’s no way I could pick just one, but I’ve been diving into food blogs lately to polish up my cooking skills.
4. If you had unlimited funds and plenty of time, what would you do?
I would run an animal sanctuary – a place to house and rehabilitate unwanted, abused animals until they can be adopted to good homes…. someday!!!
5. If you could travel in time, where would you go, and who would you visit?
I’m pretty sure I was born in the wrong generation since I love so many things about the ’60s, so I’d go there… just to an average day in an average house to experience that fascinating time.
6. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received from your mother?
She would remind me when I was younger that others will always perceive me to be like the people I choose to surround myself by. That’s always stuck with me.
7. What is the best “mistake” you’ve ever made?
While it’s hard to name just one ;) I can say that I like to work quickly and see progress, so I often have to go back and fix something. (such as the ceiling from my speed-tastic paint job with a new wall color)
8. Are you a movies/tv person or a book person?
Both! I love TV for background noise and never miss an episode of The Mindy Project, but I also love books – real books, the kind you can touch and smell.
9. Do you enjoy the great outdoors, or do you prefer the city?
Hands down, outdoors!
10. What is your favorite flower/plant?
I’m into growing our own herbs right now, so anything that we can eat! I’m partial to mint and basil, though.
11. What special food to you like to eat for your birthday?
I’m all about tradition… bring on the birthday cake!
11 Random facts about me:
- I’m terrified of mosquitos, but couldn’t care less about snakes or spiders.
- I’m a scuba diver.
- I have two tattoos, and secretly wish I could get more (but I won’t, I swear)… unless I get a really amazing idea for another one… no, really, I won’t. ;)
- My biggest pet peeve is crooked Christmas lights.
- Although my yard is tiny, I spend a TON of time in it, dreaming of the day I’ll have a bigger one.
- I met my fiance on Match.com.
- … and we had our first date in a hot yoga .
- My coworkers call me “The Chipmunk” because I’m constantly snacking and stashing food at my desk.
- I own more power tools than most men.
- I have a bad habit of straightening and reorganizing things… even when they’re not mine.
- I could eat sushi and brownies every day for the rest of my life and never get bored.
11 Questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favorite TV show right now?
- What inspires you to blog?
- If you could have any animal as your pet, what would your ultimate pet be?
- What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
- What’s the last book you read?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- What three words describe your blog?
- Desk: messy or organized?
- Who do you admire?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on your day off?
- What is something you’ve learned in the last week?
I nominate (and highly encourage you to visit!) these blogs:
Great photography and insights on the outdoors, crafts, recipes and family. Also a really good resource for other DIY and cooking blogs.
Beautiful finds of home accessories, time-savers and style and a great connection into the Indie world with lots of local shopping, behind-the-scenes and mini profiles.
This missionary pilot’s wife and mother of five’s life is fascinating as she currently resides in Indonesia. She’s bubbling over with inspiring words and I like visiting her site to see what recent words of wisdom she’s shared.
Urban Farmgirl is full of shabby chic goodness and some really cool photography, and I identify so closely with her living in the city and earning for the country life. She’s full of good furniture makeovers and DIY tips too!
I’ve had the great opportunity to get to know Lauren of HollisticallyFit through some good friends of mind, and it’s evident that this girl is dedicated to practicing what she preaches. Her blog covers mind, body, spirit and heart and is packed with inspiration for living well.
I’m always saving for a rainy day, and this blog is packed with practical financial tips and advice for the everyday person.
It’s a vintage wonderland at this blog, collaborated on by one of my dearest friends, Ashley, and her mom. Together they are dangerously creative and crafty, and have the perfect eye for shabby chic the elegant way!
I drool over the comfort food recipes on this site (homemade salted caramel?? crockpot applesauce?? yes please!)
A passionate collection of DIY projects, vintage finds, tips for designing, building, decorating, organic gardening, cooking, and making something from nothing when you have little in your pocket.
An artist/baker/crafter from Philadelphia who loves all things DIY, and shows off her creations.
This darling couple uses gardening as relaxation and has some stunning ideas to make an outdoor space your own.