A meal around our house is not complete without dessert, and dump cakes have always been a favorite in our family. We usually opt for pineapple or cherry, but this time of year the season calls for pumpkin!
Here’s a super easy variation on traditional dump cakes, perfect for the fall holidays ahead. From start to finish, this easy pumpkin dump cake recipe takes less than an hour… minimum time and baking skills required!
Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
- 1 (29 ounce) can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix, just plain)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Fall is here, and it’s time to bring out all those yummy harvest veggie recipes and comfort foods.
Lexi Stolz of South Fork & Spoon + Ango recommends this Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe for cool days. Give it a try!
Stuffed Acorn Squash
Yields 8 servings.
- 4 Acorn Squash, ideally 1-2 lbs each, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 5 teaspoons or more to taste, Salt
- 2 teaspoons, Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups wild rice
- 3 oz Grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms (stems removed)
- 4 cups cleaned and rough chopped kale
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons chiffonade ( cut like ribbons) mint leaves
- Medium sized pot
- Fine meshed strainer
- Baking sheet
- Pepper mill
- Sauté pan
- Large Bowl
- Pre-heat the oven to 475 degrees.
- In fine meshed strainer, place rice and run under cold water until clean.
- In medium sized pot, add rice, 2 teaspoons of salt and 4 cups of cold water. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat until rice is simmering. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the water and is cooked. (Note: rice can be cooked up to two days in advance).
- On baking sheet, place squash flesh side up and rub with 1 oz grapeseed oil, 2 teaspoons of salt, and fresh ground pepper to taste. Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Use a fork to test for tenderness.
- In a separate sauté pan heat 1 oz grapeseed oil on medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms, garlic, a dash of salt, and sauté until mushrooms are cooked but not browned. Remove from heat and place in large bowl.
- In the same sauté pan used for the mushrooms, heat 1 oz of grapeseed oil on medium-high heat. Add kale, a pinch of salt, and cook quickly using tongs or a spatula. Keep the kale moving so it doesn’t brown. Once wilted, remove and place in a bowl with shiitake mushrooms.
- In bowl, add cooked wild rice and sesame seeds, and mix together.
- Taste rice mixture and season accordingly.
- Fill the cooked squash halves with the rice mixture, and garnish with mint!
1. Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft-baked red velvet chocolate chip cookie recipe made from scratch. Get the recipe on Sally’s Baking Addiction.
2. Red Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
Get the recipe on Chic Darling.
3. Red Velvet Brookies
A brookie is the best of both worlds– a cookie and a brownie in one! Get the recipe on SomethingSwank.
4. Gooey Red Velvet Smores Bars
Get the recipe on SugarCrafter.
5. Red Velvet Cake Krispie Treats
Get the recipe on Crazy Taste Buds.
Have you ever tried to see how many marshmallows you can fit in your mouth? We’ve all done that, right? Or… skipped the hot dogs entirely to save room for extra s’mores around the fire?
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, the sweetest day of all, here are some creative recipes from the peeps at Peeps, along with other inspirational sugarholics like myself across the web.
Marshmallow Sandwich Cookie
Get the Recipe on Best Friends for Frosting
Get the Recipe on Rasbperry Cupcakes
Warm Toasted Marshmallow S’mores Bars
Get the recipe from Betty Crocker
Strawberries & Cream PEEPS Bars
Get the recipe from PEEPS
Southern Divinity Candy
Get the recipe from Culinary Confections by Peabody
No-Bake Marshmallow Fridge Tart
Get the recipe on Simply Delicious
Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn
Get the recipe on Macaroni and Cheesecake
Black Forrest PEEPS Parfait
Get the recipe from PEEPS
Get the recipe on Cookies & Cups Continue reading