A meal around our house is not complete without dessert, and dump cakes have always been a favorite in our family. We usually opt for pineapple or cherry, but this time of year the season calls for pumpkin!
Here’s a super easy variation on traditional dump cakes, perfect for the fall holidays ahead. From start to finish, this easy pumpkin dump cake recipe takes less than an hour… minimum time and baking skills required!
Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
- 1 (29 ounce) can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix, just plain)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease/prep a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine canned pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until well blended.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture in your baking dish and top with dry yellow cake mix, spreading evenly.
- In a small separate dish, toss your chopped pecans with the olive oil. (This will keep them from burning, and will give them a nice, toasted crunch once baked!).
- Sprinkle pecans on top of cake mix, and pour melted butter over the top, making sure to get the edge of the dish. Bake 45-50 minutes. Enjoy!
Need more baking ideas? Check out the recipes for these other tasty treats: