We made these spinach and tomato crescent puffs for a Halloween get-together one year, and they’ve been a go-to recipe any time we’re invited somewhere last-minute and don’t want to show up empty handed. Super easy recipe and delish!
Easy Spinach & Tomato Crescent Puffs
(This recipe is adapted from a similar one on First For Women)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced scallions
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1/4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F. In greased skillet, saute spinach and scallions for one minute with a dash of salt, pepper and sprinkle of garlic powder.
- Unroll crescent roll dough onto a cookie sheet and spread evenly with spinach mixture. Top with sun-dried tomatoes and cheese.
- Roll dough into log and cut into 12 equal slices. The slices will get a little messy but that’s fine!
- Place the slices into a non-stick muffin pan. Bake for 15-18 min. or until lightly browned.
We’ve also tried variations of this simple recipe by adding chopped turkey bacon and different kinds of cheeses!