Our home is filled with the mouth-watering smells of fall… fragrant pumpkin has filled the entire house! But this time, it’s not anything for us. Instead, two very lucky pups will be getting these extra special pumpkin treats!
This was my first attempt at healthy homemade dog treats, and these tasty pumpkin snacks turned out perfectly. There’s no doubt they are doggy-approved, so find the easy recipe below.
Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter (my pups seemed to like the crunchy peanut butter, but smooth should work fine too)
- 1 Tbsp water
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. (It will be very thick – just keep stirring!)
2. Sprinkle extra whole wheat flour on cookie sheet and roll out dough. Sprinkle more flour on top to prevent sticking.
3. Use either a cookie cutter or the top of a jar as I did to cut out the desired shape for your doggy treats.
4. If you want paw prints designs like the dog treats I made, simply take your pointer finger, and press your print into the bottom of the circle. Then take your pinkie and make four indentions above that circle… and voila! A puppy paw!
5. Remove excess dough and re-roll for another batch. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes until the treats have turned a golden brown. They’ll be nice and crunchy for your lucky pup!
Need more baking ideas (maybe something for you this time!)? Check out the recipes for these other tasty treats: