After going home to visit my family in Texas and coming home with a box full of fresh zucchini, among other yummy produce like cucumbers, tomatoes and peaches from Mom’s garden, I got the bug to do a little baking.
This blueberry zucchini bread is healthy and super easy! The recipe below is adapted from an AllRecipes recipe, to be a little healthier (and in my opinion, a little tastier too!).
Easy Blueberry Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (with the dark green outer peal still on)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans or 1 regular loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries and chopped pecans. Transfer to loaf pans.
- For mini loaf pans: Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean; bread should be a nice crisp brown on top.
- For regular loaf pan: Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes in preheated oven, or until a knife comes out clean; bread should be a nice crisp brown on top.
- Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely. Slice, butter and enjoy!
Need more baking ideas? Check out the recipes for these other tasty treats: