Delicious Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
My mom and I used to make these yummy mini cheesecakes. I must have been dreaming about them, because they popped into mind as the perfect treat for a friend’s baby shower this week.
- 2 8-ounce packages of low-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature!!!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Dash of lemon zest
- Mini Nilla Wafers (make sure these are the regular kind, not the reduced fat kind otherwise the wafers will actually float up to the top!)
- 1 Can cherry pie filling
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened to room temperature. If it’s not, the batch will come out clumpy! You may even pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds if you’re impatient like me :)
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth. (Use an electric mixer – I’ve messed these up before trying to do it by hand. The cream cheese is tough to get completely smooth if you’re just using elbow grease.)
- Line up mini baking cups and place a mini Nilla Wafer face-up inside each one.
- Scoop mixture onto wafer, filling cup 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate. Once chilled, scoop cherry pie filling atop each mini cheesecake. Chill again.
Need more baking ideas? Check out the recipes for these other tasty treats: