I’ve been trying to bake more and buy fewer processed goodies, so I’ve been baking away to keep the cookie jar full since we seem treats like this seem to disappear quickly in our house. Here’s a cookie recipe I finally mastered, with just enough sweet, just enough healthy, and all-around easy! Hope you enjoy!
Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugar and brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (except pecans, cranberries and chocolate chips).
- Add dry mixture to butter mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add dried cranberries, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonful-sized balls onto baking sheet. Bake about 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden.