These make such a cute gift for friends, coworkers and neighbors!
Cowboy Cookies in a Mason Jar
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Layer the ingredients in the same order listed above in a one-quart mason jar.
**Important: Press each layer firmly before adding the next layer. The mixture is super tight, and you’ll think there’s no way it will fit by the time you get to the flour, but it will – promise! Just pack everything in there as tightly as you can. (I use a measuring cup with the flat side down to push the ingredients down.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1/4 cup water, 2/3 cup melted butter, 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Stir in the entire contents of the jar. (It’s supposed to be thick!)
- Shape into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes. Enjoy!