These DIY mason jar cookies make such a cute gift for friends, coworkers, and neighbors, and they’re great for the holidays! Take a look below for the Cowboy Cookies recipe, along with a printable recipe card that can be attached to the mason jar for the perfect gift.
Cowboy Cookies in a Mason Jar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (tightly packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Layer the cookie ingredients in the same order as listed above in a one-quart mason jar. I found it easiest to use a wide-mouthed jar since you want the ingredients to spread evenly.
**Important: Press each layer firmly before adding the next layer… I mean REALLY use those muscles! The mixture is super tight, and you’ll think there’s no way it will fit by the time you get to the flour, but it will — PROMISE! Just pack everything in there as tightly as you can, and keep pressing.
(TIP: I use a measuring cup with the flat side down to push the ingredients down.)
How to Make Cowboy Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Stir in the entire contents of the jar. (It’s supposed to be thick!)
- Shape into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!
Free Cowboy Cookie Mason Jar Mix Recipe Card
Print out this free designed recipe tag below and attach it to your cowboy cookie mason jar mix.
Need more baking ideas? Check out the recipes for these other tasty treats: