These make such a cute gift for friends, coworkers and neighbors!
Cowboy Cookies in a Mason Jar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (tightly packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Layer the ingredients in the same order listed above in a one-quart mason jar. I found it easiest to use a wide-mouthed jar since you want the ingredients spread evenly.
**Important: Press each layer firmly before adding the next layer… I mean really use those muscles! The mixture is super tight, and you’ll think there’s no way it will fit by the time you get to the flour, but it will — promise! Just pack everything in there as tightly as you can.
(TIP: I use a measuring cup with the flat side down to push the ingredients down.)
How to Make Cowboy Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Stir in the entire contents of the jar. (It’s supposed to be thick!)
- Shape into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!
Or, better yet… feel free to print out this pre-made tag below and attach it to your mason jar mix.
Need more baking ideas? Check out the recipes for these other tasty treats: